Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ric Rac Remix Bag

Ok, I know this looks very like an earlier post. This is the remade (or remixed) version. The interior pockets on the first version were too high and I wasn't sure about the shape, but it's all fixed now!

I'm so pleased with my perseverance that I'm going to link this pic to Whiplash at whipup.net as a way of introducing my blog, my craftiness and me!

The exterior of the bag is made from a thrifted heavy cotton curtain fabric that was originally white, I dye it red to fit with the print on the lining. The interior is a fantastic Michael Miller ric rac print, which I also used for the applique heart motif on the outside.

The bag closes with a magnetic snap, with a big red plastic button for decoration. Inside there's a patch pocket with a pen-holding section, and a button-up slash pocket.

I thought this bag would be a great way to introduce myself to Whiplash as it features two of my very favorite things: applique and ric rac. This bag is also made from my very own pattern!

whipup

3 comments:

Teresa said...

What a beautiful bag.

gkgirl said...

very pretty...
the colors are gorgeous!
:)

esther said...

Yes!!!!! I can comment on your blog!!!!!!
And you are on Whipup!!!! Congratulations!