Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Craziest Craft Project of All

This is from my 1975 craft book "Paper: A creative craft for your leisure hours":

That, my friends, is a whole floor decorated with decoupage, in a patchwork pattern. I think that is the craziest craft project I have ever seen. How did the lady with the fruit bowl (in the background) slip that idea past her husband? "Shall we put down some cork tiles this weekend, Darling?" "Oh, just a moment, I'll get out my paper stash and spend the next year decoupaging the floor". It's crazy, it's a whole floor.

And yet...

Give me a floor of my own (I don't think my landlord would appreciate this).
Give me a ton of beautiful paper (mmmm...).
Give me too much time on my hands (yeah, right).
And I would decoupage all the floors in my home, because it just looks so damn good. I can't help myself, I love it! Here's an extra close up:

In other news, I'm going to pull myself together over the weekend so that next week I can offer a little freebie give-away.... oooh, what will it be? You'll just have to pop back and find out!

Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

futuregirl said...

That would totally work on a huge canvas or on a wall, too. You know, until you have your own floors.

joyce said...

I have my own floor but I don't think this will happen any time soon. Maybe it's because of a lack of nice papers. Hmm...

texcilla said...

I just found the perfect floor for my craft/sewing room in my new house! but just slightly less bright.

Elisabeth Dunker said...

I would be the happiest, happiest one if I had that floor!

Sarah and Jack said...

OMG, How much do I love this?