Friday, April 06, 2007

Pencil Roll

I've been at Pink Chalk Studios tutorials again! This time its the Coloured Pencil Roll tutorial. I think it will make the perfect birthday gift for my niece, Nina. She's a crafter too, so I wanted to give her something handmade and something she could use for her own creative projects.


My plan was to use only fabric from my stash, which I did stick too, though it showed up some surprises. I have a lot of fabric but absolutely no yellow and almost none of my favourite colour: brown.

The green grosgrain ribbon was a lucky find in my trimmings box, the Japanese fabric on the outside of the roll was from Reprodepot.


I love the colourful turtles on this print, it helps pull together the many colours inside the pencil roll. Nina is a surfer and animal-lover as well as a crafter, so I was hoping the touch of ocean and the fancy coloured pencils would be great gift.

4 comments:

futuregirl said...

I totally love that you matched the fabric to the pencils! Such a wonderful gift. It's the kind of thing she'll keep forever. :)

Ali said...

That's a lovely version of the pencil roll - she'll treasure it I'm sure. Fab turtles!

kathy said...

The shells on those turtles are fabulous. I love how the ribbon picks up the green daisy guy. Beautiful job.

jesi--x said...

I really love the fact that the material's inside match the pencil colours!
It's beautiful :)
xxx