Saturday, April 14, 2007

Possibly Maybe

My current favourite Flickr group is the Modern Quilt-Along. Participants make anything from the book "The Modern Quilt Workshop" by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. The group began at Dioramarama, who by the way has some amazing log cabin cushions.


This is a test layout for the Plain Spoken quilt from the Modern Quilt book, the pattern is so simple and looks so good, I have to keep rearranging the blocks...

I think the next one I'll use more colours and use all solids, like the pattern recommends...

...The next one?! ... crafting is like a compulsion.

2 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Ther is always a next one...

I definately vote for more fabric - EVERY TIME!

Kim said...

I'm so late here, but thanks! I love your quilt. I like how some colors are stacked on top of each other, making random longer blocks. If you were using a lot of colors I guess you're supposed to avoid that, but it looks really cool with the smaller set of fabrics.