Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My first Japanese craft book

Look what was waiting for me when I got home! "Felt Mascots and Knick-Knacks":
I've been admiring everyone else's collections of Japanese craft books on this Flickr group, and loving the reviews over at Molly Chicken. Now, finally, I have one of my own! Well worth it too! "Mascots" and "Knick-Knacks" turn out to be...
...uber-cute little softies...
...and lots of very pretty bits and bobs like book marks, coin purses, mirrors...
... and... perhaps magnets, perhaps covered buttons...

There are full size patterns that can be traced and lots of very beautiful photos. I bought this book from Chocolate Swirl who is very fast with delivery and accurate with descriptions. It's a very inspiring book, lots of 'why didn't I think of that?' type projects, with a really clean simple aesthetic.

No comments: