Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This is...

This is me jumping in and joining the "This is..." meme from Three Buttons. This is also me posting it on the wrong day, just so I can catch up.

This weeks theme, which I should have posted on Sunday is "This is what scares me", suggested by Jodie at Ric-Rac

So, this is what scares me... yes it's a feather, just an ordinary feather. But, can't you see how scary it is on so many levels?

At one end there's the soft, wafting, creepy bit, it has all the spooky qualities of a spider's web but without the delicate beauty.

Then at the other end there's the very sharp pointy bit which, at some point, was stuck in a birds arse. Did it just fall out? and did that hurt? Or was it wrenched out in a screaming, flapping cruel nightmare? (I'm freaking out as I write this...)

Then there is the secret, furtive, scary bit about feathers. They are most often found inside very comfortable looking cushions. So, picture the scene, it's been a long hard day, you're exhausted, so you make your favourite drink in your favourite cup, and flop down onto a soft, comfortable cushion in a welcoming chair...

OUCH! .... what was that sharp thing that just jabbed you in the backside, making you spill your drink and jump out of your chair, screaming and flapping like a cruel nightmare.

...That's right, that feather is coming for you... You never know when they are going to strike...

2 comments:

fifi said...

that is hilarious!

Bec said...

I think this is the funniest 'this is...' post of the lot so far. I am killing myself laughing over my breakfast!!!! What a great blog. I'm so glad I discovered it :)