Wednesday, February 27, 2008

7 Random Things

I've been tagged by the lovely Bec of Small Things to take part in the 7 Random Things meme. The rules are:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

First, here are 7 random images, because it's nice to have images on a blog post.


Here we go:

1. Date of Birth. Due to a clerical oversight made when I was born, no one knows my real date of birth. By the time it was discovered that I didn't officially exist, no one could remember what day or date I'd been born on.

2. Toronto Islands. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be on the Toronto Islands. They are magical.

3. Tap Dancing. When I was 26 I pretended that I was 16 so that I could go to cheaper tap dancing lessons. The adult lessons were really expensive. The teachers were fooled, but it was difficult pretending to be 16 in front of the other girls, I didn't know any of the cute boys on the Number 15 bus route.

4. Wedding Music. Tom Waits' 'Invitation to the Blues' was our wedding song. It's from "Small Change" which has been my favourite album since I was 17, and will be my favourite album until I die.

5. National Gallery. I was very nearly locked in the National Gallery in London. It was just like a movie, I was running through room after room with metal doors sliding down behind me and lights snapping off.

6. Dizzy. I had a romantic honeymoon meal in Iceland's fanciest restaurant, Perlan. It's a rotating restaurant. I got dizzy and had to get out straight after the main course. I'm not good at being romantic.

7. Hobo. I have been genuinely mistaken for a hobo. Three separate times. It was back in the early 1990's during my grunge phase, but still.... makes a girl worry about herself. People can be so insistent when they are being kind, "no, honestly, it's ok, keep your spare change. I'm just sitting in the park."


Here are the seven bloggers I'm tagging for this meme:

Lino Forest
Revoluzzza
Syko
Ric Rac
Made by Milla
Lalootka's attic
One Red Robin

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Camilla said...

oooh i'll get right onto it. Well, maybe i'll go have a wee first.

Bec said...

HAhahaha - number 7 - being mistaken for a hobo. Three separate times. That's gold!!!! I was mistaken for a street kid once (and I was 21 at the time), and yeah - so embarrassing!!! I also love the idea of being locked in the National Gallery. Did you feel like Max from 'Get Smart'? HEhehe. And what I'm really wanting to know is....so how do you decide WHEN to celebrate your birthday?

Thanks for playing!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What funny things about you. My favorite is being thought of as homeless while in the park. Truly so funny. And x 3! Just think of the cash you could have made!!! haha