Sunday, February 24, 2008

This is... me taking a photograph of myself

This week's "This is..." theme, suggested by One Red Robin, is "This is me taking a picture of myself in the mirror with my favourite accessory".


Oh. "Accessory" singular ... not all my favourite accessories ever...

I'm not a jewelery wearer, just couldn't ever get the hang of it. I am most often accessorized by a jaunty mug of tea, occasionally with a complimentary dash of tea down my front to really tie my ensemble together. There is a Yorkshire Gold Tea tin behind me here, it was a gift from my lovely husband, who spotted it on ebay, having learned a long time ago that chocolate and tea get a better response from me than diamonds and pearls.

One of my other style secrets is to perk up an outfit of sloppy pyjamas with a gem of a book. So here is a selection of favourite book accessories. There's "A Child's Book of Poems" for the illustrations by Gyo Fujikawa, this is from my childhood, as is "Explorers on the Moon". A selection of quilting and sewing books, including all the usual favourites: Denyse Schmidt, Ringle and Kerr, and Amy Butler. And some novels by favourite authors: James Baldwin, Italo Calvino, Raymond Chandler, Vladimir Nabokov and Paul Auster.

Oh, and some seed packets, because I have just started a Square Foot Garden and so predict a summer season bright with luscious accessories of fresh vegetables.

4 comments:

flossy-p said...

hehehe, I enjoyed peeking around you to check out your stuff, kind of like I was snooping... clever photo!

Kyla said...

Books are always a good accessory.
have a super day!
Kyla

Bec said...

I love your selection of accessories. Tea, books, fresh vegetables - it really doesn't get better than that does it!!

Maureen said...

I like the books as accessoiry, esspecialy the childs book...