Sunday, February 10, 2008

This is... Sunday lunch

"This is..." has coincided with Sammy's 4th birthday, so sunday lunch looked like this:


There were sensible sandwiches first, of course.

When I was a kid, Sunday lunch was always a roast and six people sitting around a table talking, fighting and laughing. I always looked forward to it, and was upset if anyone was missing or if extra people were there. It felt like a special time for us to all be together.

Now that I'm the adult in charge of Sunday lunch, it tends to be the three of us ambling around eating sandwiches, still all being together but more casual. This cake recipe comes from those childhood days, it's my mum's fat-less sponge cake with chocolate butter icing.... mmm I'm off to find the left-overs...

"This is..." is hosted by Three Buttons.

7 comments:

three buttons said...

Oooh Happy Birthday Sammy!!

I like the idea of a fat-less cake!

Kathy said...

yum, love the colors of the candies!

AnastasiaC said...

happy Birthday to your little Sammy!! the cake looks good and roast is perfect on a Sunday!!

Lesley-Ann said...

Happy birthday Sammy! Beautiful cake.... Makes me hungry! Love the little Smarties on top! Hope you had a great day and hope you will have a lovely week! xxxxx

Bec said...

hehe my son just looked over my shoulder as I was reading this, and he saw the cake. "Mum, can we make one of THOSE? I think it might be my birthday today!!!" (Good try, but no, you won't be 4 for another 6 months I'm afraid). Hope Sammy had a great birthday :)

Betty said...

Yum, I want that cake.

Looks fantastic.
thanks for sharing

fine little day said...

What a great looking cake, bet it was tasty too.