Sunday, May 11, 2008

This is... what reminds me of my Mum

This week's "This is..." is a special Mother's Day celebration. Which seems weird because it's not Mother's Day here in the UK, but it's always a great idea to do a bit of Mum Appreciation. So, this is what reminds me of my mum:


Tea and paintbrushes. My mum is always up late at night drinking tea and doing something creative. My childhood memories include watching my mum making cards, painting portraits, dying fabric, restoring china ornaments, repainting furniture, and once, dying wallpaper. In the middle of all this activity was always a cup of tea. I used to think my mum was a bit loopy, no one else's mum stayed up all night, accidentally dipping their paintbrushes in tea. Of course, now that I'm a mum I realize that staying up at night making things is the best way to stay sane!

This week suggested by Three Buttons and Zoesquid.

5 comments:

Katy said...

yep, it definitely is one of the best ways to stay sane, and tea is always necessary!!!

Jenny said...

Sounds as though your mum had the right idea!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Nice memories. Thanks for sharing them.

BigCat said...

Gosh, that photo just suggests such peace and contentment. It's really wonderful.

Lisa said...

Tour Mum sounds like my kind of lady.