Friday, July 04, 2008

This is... my most treasured childhood possession

Not exactly "possessions" as such, though they do belong to me. My most treasured people from my childhood are my siblings. Here we are with our dad, on Christmas Day 1981. That's me in the bottom right-hand corner. My two older brothers and my younger sister have always been hugely important in my life.


At one time or another, one or all of these three people have: made me laugh til I wet myself, made me so angry I couldn't speak, taught me to ride a bike, jumped out of a cupboard at me, explained how the earth spins, spat on me from a height of two storeys, lent me music, tried to teach me to play the guitar, got me drunk for the first time, helped me move house, came to all my art shows, let me sleep on their floor after a messy break-up, and introduced me to my husband.


This is us on Christmas Day 1998. Man, I love these guys. Today's great theme was suggested by Teacups on Treetops. The "This is..." game is hosted by Three Buttons.

12 comments:

Nikki said...

How wonderful to have such a lovely close family!! Very heartwarming!

CurlyPops said...

Such a great post....and such wonderful memories and photos....

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Lovely family pics - how lucky to be one of 4 children! Sounds like a great childhood....

I am very happy with my Expedit shelving unit. The compartments are quite deep and you can store quite a bit in each one. I have kept most of my smaller bits and pieces in an adjacent cupboard, but I have plenty of room to expand as I acquire more supplies. You can get doors and drawers to put on some of the compartments. Have fun customising your craft space!

Bec said...

I love this post! The sibling relationship is like no other in the world is it? In fact, it's the whole reason my husband and I decided to have more than just one child. Siblings are so special. Oh, and I love those photos!!!

Leni & Rose said...

Lovely post! And I couldn't agree more! As with Bec, we'll be also having more than one child for this reason, it's so special to have brothers and sisters.

Sasparilla Sue said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun and some great support growing up (well, except for the whole being spat upon thing - ew!). Great pics too!

Danielle said...

Sounds like you have a very special family. Thanks for sharing :)

Sharon said...

Great photos! They all sound like great fun!( well yea, except the spitting bit!)

Jenaveve said...

What a great selection of memories! Is that a human pyramid with poor dad stuck on the bottom?

Bird Bath said...

How wonderful to have your siblings to share the highs and low.
I hope my girls will appreciate each other more when they are grown up:)

AnastasiaC said...

what a great post! i only have one sister but she means the world to me...

Lisa said...

What a lovely response to the theme for the week and beautiful photos.

It sounds like your possessions are very special indeed.