Friday, September 12, 2008

Clutter and Chaos

You know how you feel in Spring? When you want to throw open the windows and scrub and paint everything. Breathe new life and calm into your environment. Well, it's September, it's autumn and here I am desperate to do Spring Cleaning. Everything is driving me nuts, I'm constantly tripping over, I can't find things, I keep running out of time to do anything.... I've had enough.

My sewing room looks like this:

Craft Room Chaos


Thank goodness for sites like OrganizedHome where there are checklists, printable lists and helpful articles. Also, as a brilliant bonus, there was a link to the inspirational FutureGirl who has the most stylish meal planners available to download. Thank you Alice.

There is also the FlyLady site which is very helpful, though a little more manic (in a nice way) than Organized Home. Hopefully some of these de-cluttering sites will help me take control of the living room, so it stops looking like this:

Living Room Chaos


My poor neglected blog needs a good spruce up too. Time to dust and sweep the sidebars, and more regular tending and feeding is needed.

Anyone else feeling the "Autumn Cleaning" coming on?... Now, where's my Marigolds?

11 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Hmmmm do you think you could head on over to my house when you're finished?

kathleen said...

Your house is a temple of tidiness compared to mine! My [potential] sewing room is a room full of unused obsolete junk whilst my dining room is piled high with fabric, ribbon, FOs, WIPs and all the other acronyms associated with craft! It's actually quite depressing. I've lived here nearly 6 years, and my husband 4ish before me and he STILL hasn't cleared out that damned room!

renee said...

I wish my mess looked like yours ;) Thanks for the links!

BigCat said...

Just think, it's Spring in the Southern Hemisphere so it's definitely time for Spring cleaning at my house. However, I don't have the urge just yet!

Bagladee said...

You've inspired me to go off and 'Autumn' clean.....thanks :)

Kimmie.K said...

I just stopped by to see how you are doing as I have not seen you around the Plush Team forums for a while. I have to say that I can completely identify with organizational mania. I let things go for a while and then find myself absolutely manic trying to get things in order. Agh!

Good luck with your efforts. I'll hope to find myself motivated enough by your motivation to do something with my spaces:)

AnastasiaC said...

nothing like a new season to kick in the decluttering sessions!!!
some great links there - thanks for sharing!

handmaiden said...

thanks for the organisation links...I am a list girl myself

Griffin said...

I also wish my mess looked like yours. What with heaps of books, papers (I write) and dress/shoe boxes everywhere from my costume collection, it's amazing I can still fit into my room.

Sharon said...

Oh yes! The blog is neglected, the house is a tip, the sewing is piling up.... I could go on and on...or tidy up. Think I'll put the kettle on a think about it!;)

RheLynn said...

Oh my even your mess looks tidy. I've been working on my messy workshop bit by bit -- and it is still a long way from anywhere close to oragnized.

You have some nice shelves there!