Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lions and cats and prototypes, oh my!

Prototyping something new, I was aiming for funky, retro lion and ended up with a wistful cat in a shower cap!

Hey-ho, that's what prototyping is for, I guess. The main mistake here was to speed ahead, ignoring a seam allowance. I love to draw up new ideas, but it's easy to forget to add an extra quarter of an inch and end up with a skinny, slightly distorted shape. So that's how a proud, flowing mane ends up as a shower cap.

12 comments:

Bagladee said...

Oh how lovely....grrrrrrr!!! xx

BigCat said...

I'm sure there's a market out there for wistful cats in shower caps. Isn't there??? The joys of learning.

lyndyloo said...

The cat in the shower cap makes me laugh!! Very whimsical.

Griffin said...

He still looks good tho'... even if he did go out with his shower cap on.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that happens to... *sigh*

Swirlyarts said...

Still a cutie in a shower cap though!

Jenny said...

Such a cutie, shower cap or not!

AnastasiaC said...

cats in shower caps are cute (and lovable) too!

A said...

he he he!
I did exactly the same thing when making a fish last week! Seam allowances apparently are important..
: )

Sasparilla Sue said...

He's the most adorable cat in a shower cap I've ever seen!

RheLynn said...

still quite cute! hehe shower cap!

Bec said...

Ah well, he's very cute all the same! And really - who doesn't love a cat in a shower cap! And I love your fabric choices for him :)

Ali said...

Oh, no - he's not wearing a showercap!! He looks very retro and funky! (and a little bit wistful!)
Congrats about your kit on Funky Fabrix - hope it goes really well!!