Saturday, October 11, 2008

This is... My current reading material

There's not much fiction-reading going on in my life at the moment. I am regularly dipping in and out of a few reference books though. Especially recommended is Craft Inc. by Meg Mateo Ilasco, it's packed with tonnes of helpful information about making crafting your livelihood. Some of the information is only of use to people in the US, but overall it is an inspiring read. There is a great, full review here, written by Paper Stories.

The book on Japanese Art has been a source of inspiration for my snowy houses. Badge/Button/Pin is getting a lot of use, as Phil is "thinking" of getting a button machine, so we're both doing a lot of sketches of button ideas to see if we can justify the purchase.

This is also my current reading material:
On Wednesday I will be having all four wisdom teeth removed...eek! I'm enjoying the pamphlet though as it says I shouldn't use any kitchen equiptment for 48 hours after the operation. Woo-hoo! No cooking! and the washing machine is in the kitchen, so that means I can't do any laundry either! (that's my interpretation and I'm sticking with it)... now, what else can I put in the kitchen...

Thanks to My Champagne Dreams for this weeks theme, and as always to the "This is..." host Angela of Three Buttons.

12 comments:

handmaiden said...

lots of crafty reading there

Sharon said...

Thanks for your lovely comment! I think a washbag is a great idea! Good luck with the wisdom teeth!!:)

AnastasiaC said...

i too have Craft Inc in my reading pile...i have yet to sit and really read it!

Jenny said...

Your reading pile looks very inviting! Good luck with having your teeth out-I hope you like custard!!

Griffin said...

I love Japanese prints. There's a book on them published by Taschen which is good and, if you can find a secondhand copy, one by Richard Illing that's very good too.

At least you have some wisdom... this is why I haven't had my wisdom teeth out... sigh! I suggest you put the hoover in the kitchen too.

Is Phil good at cooking, laundry and hoovering?...Will the two of you become the Two Buttoneers?

colour by number said...

Good luck with the teeth! Take adv of no cooking or cleaning!

mariette said...

I really like that book with Japanese art too!
I like art in general and I ahve a store with lots of art, Japanese Art too.
http://stores.ebay.com/ArtCantHurtU_Oriental-Asian_W0QQfsubZ2541313
I am really gals to eb able to share it with other people.

edward and lilly said...

Oooh, good luck with the wisdom teeth pulling, I'm sure you'll be much happier without them anyway!

Rebecca said...

oh, i liked craft, inc. i twas so good i passed it on to a friend. hope you enjoy it too. will make for great reading whilst you recover from your oral surgery.

karrie said...

My button maker (now I won two of them in fact) rank at the top of my favorite crafty purchase. You should get one!

Moiface said...

You make me laugh! Quick put the vacum in the kitchen! Good luck with your teeth.

Phil said...

Areathriftyone's husband here. I've out the laptop in the kitchen... ;)