Friday, October 24, 2008

Turtles and Limbs

Well, "Friday Flickr Favourites and some Works in Progress" seemed too lengthy a title. Still churning away for Christmas Fairs, so the prettiest pile of body parts is lying around my work table (which is the weirdest thing I've ever seen myself write)

Also, a customer contacted me about making something involving a turtle. I'm quite excited by that because it means hexagons, and English Paper Piecing is something I have never ever been able to manage... and still can't. So instead, I'm faking it with a bit of applique, but it's still exciting:


If you'd like to see a woman who can genuinely piece hexagons check out Katy at I'm a Ginger Monkey, she is putting together the coolest quilt using hexagons and Aunty Cookie fabric. If you'd like to see what happens when a woman takes hexagon-love too far see my post here. Seriously.

So, my Friday Flickr Favourites are all turtle-y, be sure to follow the links, they are all images from Etsyians:

Turtle-y Goodness

1. Neon Turtle Bank, 2. who loves a turtle?!, 3. neato sea turtle jar!, 4. Turquoise flock of turtles closeup, 5. Orange turtle, 6. new baby turtle, 7. Flower Bursts Turtle, 8. tropical island turtles, 9. Embroidered turtle pincushion souffle

Created with fd's Flickr Toys.

5 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I love that photo of the hexagons. The fabrics are so good together and I love big chunky hexes. Is this your quilt or someone else's? How big are the hexes?

Sasparilla Sue said...

I'm glad you have the first picture posted cuz "the prettiest pile of body parts is lying around my work table" would have me worried otherwise. :)
I love turtles, they are just cute cute cute. I'm thinkin I just might have to splurge on that Orange turtle!
Good luck with your hexagons!

agn├Ęs said...

I'm happy to know that you're excited by this project... so am I! I can't wait to see the final result, and from what I can see so far, I'm sure that I'll love it!

Agnes

Bec said...

Oooh, can't wait to see your finished turtle. I went and checked out that hexagon floor - WOW, that is amazing (in a freakishly oh my god I can't believe someone actually did that kind of way :P)

BigCat said...

I love the hexagon photo too. It would make a gorgeous card.