Sunday, December 07, 2008

Victorian Christmas Fair


The picture is quite dark because there was very little electric light. This was the most well organised, best fun Christmas Fair I've done so far. Set in the beautiful buildings and grounds of Hamptonne Country Life Museum in Jersey, the fair was a huge success. There were carol singers and lanterns and mulled wine and fancy dress and all the ingredients to get you in the mood for Christmas.

Parts of this TV Movie
version of "Under the Greenwood Tree" were filmed at Hamptonne Country Life Museum, so you can get an idea of what a stunning setting it was for a Christmas Fair.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Your stall looks lovely! And the fair sounds great, very christmassy!!

Sasparilla Sue said...

You're making me insane with jealousy! I love everything Victorian and that sounds right up my alley. Your little tchotchky house looks perfect! And I must tell you, I LOVE your whale bags!!!

Ali said...

How magical! and just perfect for Christmas!

RheLynn said...

Pretty setup. Everything looks so much smaller on that shelf than it does in your at-home pictures.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog today... loved the thrifty one signage. And the all the cute things posted on your blog.