Monday, January 19, 2009

Can you tell what it is yet?

An exciting, brand new sewing kit is heading towards the shop! It'll probably be a couple of weeks before it's all printed, packaged, photographed and ready to list but here is a little sneak peek.


After working out the sewing pattern shapes I start on the designs for the printed patterns. I do this the old school way with paper and pencil and scissors and sellotape and using the window as a light-box. Then I hand my art work over to my in house graphic designer (aka my husband). After that we spend romantic winter evenings arguing and emailing each other about colours, design and fabric width until the design is finished.

Just look how complicated the file looks when Phil's working on it. The finished item is going to be so cool - just you wait and see!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks looks very intriguing! Your comment on the British summer made me snort with laughter!!

Bagladee said...

cant wait to see how it all turns out. x

Sasparilla Sue said...

Oooh I aM intrigued! Hmm...not paper airplanes, I give up. Can't wait to find out!