Sunday, March 15, 2009

Get me! I won an award!

Setting up

Remember I was telling you that I had a stand at a local Textile Showcase? Well, I only went and won the award for Best Newcomer! Woo-Hoo! The competition was judged by textile artist Diane Bates who was very complimentary about the finish of my work.

My very talented friend Beverly won Best Soft Furnishings, and she has a new website going live any day now, so I'll post the link as soon as it's ready. Her work with folk art applique is seriously amazing.

7 comments:

Bec said...

Woo hoo!!! Congratulations!!! I'm totally not surprised. Your work really is lovely. Great to see it being recognised :)

Ali said...

Congratulations!! What an excellent and totally well-deserved pat on the back for you!

(your gorgeous babushka bunny that I won as a kit from your giveaway sits at my front door and says 'hi' everyday. He's filled with rosemary from our garden. thanks!)

Samantha said...

Saw the dispaly at the harbour Gallery, really loved it.

Julie said...

Congratulations to you!!!

Jade said...

Yay! Congratulations! Very well deserved :D

thea said...

I only just found you and your blog and shop today and it seems to me you deserve that award!! Your work is so amazing and inspiring!!!

Happy Wednesday!

thea.
xx

(www.forthevisionaries.tumblr.com)

Jenny said...

And you so deserve it!! Congratulations:)