Sunday, March 08, 2009

Little Red Riding Hood

Here's some more pictures of one of my newest animals. I've been working on a mini-series of rabbits as characters from Grimms Fairy Tales. This is Little Red Riding Hood:


I'm very proud of her removable cloak with the special gap which allows her ears to pop up and enjoy the gentle breeze on her walk through the forest.


And the shoes... oh the shoes were fun: a double layer of felt, all hand stitching and teeny tiny button shapes cut from the same trimming used for the cloak. Those little circle details on the shoes are my favourite bit of the whole outfit.


Pictures of the other Fairy Tale guys are coming soon!

7 comments:

Christy said...

Ohhh I love bunnies who dress up as little red!

I love your beautiful creation!

Missie Krissie said...

That looks brilliant! She's so cute! I really think the cape is so well done!

Jenny said...

Unbelievably cute and very clever!

Cass said...

OMG she is adorable

edward and lilly said...

She's gorgeous! Nice work. I love all the little details especially the pockets on her dress and details on her shoes.

Blueberry Park said...

stunningly beautiful, Net

Julie said...

She is just too cute!