Monday, May 11, 2009

Liberation Day

Hello! I'm still here! Been away from blogging for so long because it's been crazy busy but I think I'm in the "eye of the storm" now - so time for a quick catch up.

photo credit: Phil Regan
This weekend we've been celebrating Liberation Day here in Jersey, every May 9th we remember the liberation of the island from Nazi occupation at the end of the Second World War. This years celebrations were truly amazing, with parades, speeches, re-enactments and a big open air market.

photo credit: Phil Regan
I have honestly never pitched my stall at such a massively busy event. Usually there are peaks and troughs in the crowd, but there were just no troughs at all - the people kept coming. There were solid crowds the whole day, I even got a little freaked out at some moments because there were just so many people! It was a lot of fun and surprisingly emotional at times.

photo credit: Phil Regan
Right, better get back to that sewing machine, via a mountain of boring admin jobs. The shops are looking a little empty just now but I promise to restock as soon as I can!

2 comments:

Camilla said...

ahh good old liberation day! I remember going to liberation day events in Guernsey when I was small. Hope you sold lots of stuff!

Bec said...

Wow, that sounds like a pretty amazing event. Congrats on all the success you're having. You deserve it :)
Bec XX