Friday, July 03, 2009

Soggy Gazebo

Yesterday evening started like this:


a busy, bustling craft market with lots of exciting food stalls and live music. Then it got all British:

and it rained and it rained and it rained. The kind of persistant rain that has everyone saying "it'll stop in a minute", "it's just a passing shower", "it's clearing up over there, look", but it never does.

Frantically rearranging stock to keep it dry, my ridiculous trousers soaking up the water puddling round the edges of my gazebo and my feet turning lurid green from my hilarious flip-flops - weirdly, this generated some sort of buying frenzy at my gazebo. Then it all got a bit too soggy and the whole market packed up early.


I've just written a blog post about the weather - that's definitely gone all British. The point was meant to be that if you do a craft market and get stuck in a downpour don't panic. Just make sure you keep your stock safe and keep smiling at people. My hands-down favourite source of tips for a regular craft stall is Fluffy Flowers series "How to set up a Craft Booth at a weekly Farmer's Market". The summer is pretty much here so if there's a local Farmers and Craft Market near you go and get yourself a pitch - it's brilliant!

3 comments:

Jade said...

very british indeed!! glad it brought on a buying frenzy for you though - your wares looked lovely :)

Sasparilla Sue said...

Bummer about the rain but your stall looked great!

Trish Goodfield said...

Very British? Looks like our recent Queensland weather to me.ditest